About Us - HALO Overview
Helping Autism Through Learning and Outreach is a non-profit organization supported by parents and professionals nationwide who are dedicated to the use of Soma® Mukhopadhyay's Rapid Prompting Method for improving academic success and communication for persons with autism and similar disorders.
NOTICE OF NONDISCRIMINATORY POLICY AS TO STUDENTS
HALO admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.
The goals of HALO include the following:
- Increase the number of professionals using RPM
- To expand opportunities through scholarships that would allow more students access to attend "Camp" or Sessions with Soma at HALO that would otherwise be unable to do so.
- Offer professionals the opportunity to train under Soma through donor funded Internship or Apprentice programs
- Purchase a facility that would enable HALO to provide access to continued education, job coaching, recreation and living skills to individuals with autism and similar conditions
- To expand opportunities to students, parents and professionals information, exposure, instruction and training in Soma's Rapid Prompting Method
Based in Austin, TX, HALO has a clinic where Soma Mukhopadhyay provides 1:1 instructional sessions for students with autism and similar disorders.
For more information on scheduling an appointment, please contact HALO directly at 1-866-465-9595 or .
Soma occasionally travels to provide RPM workshops and presentations at various conferences and events around the United States. To inquire about having Soma visit an area outside the U.S. please contact HALO.